Holiday Entertaining: The Morning After The Night Before
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Playing host or hostess during the holiday season often involves having overnight
guests. If you’ve slaved away in the kitchen the night before, and partied till
the wee hours of the morning, breakfast/brunch should be light and easy to
prepare. Christine Cushing, host of Food Network Canada’s Christine Cushing
Live suggests serving smoothies to holiday houseguests for an easy, light breakfast.
- 3 whole bananas
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 6 whole strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup cranberry juice (250 ml)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) plain yogurt*
all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Serve chilled. Serves 2.
*optional / for non-dairy smoothies, omit the