Blue Moon Margaritas
Contributed by: News Canada
Three, Two, One: Host a New Year's Eve cocktail party with fiesta flair
(NC) - New Year's Eve is the party of the year and an event that no one wants to forget. To make your party a memorable one for your guests, why not host a Holiday fiesta party to ring in the New Year.
"Creating your party around a theme is a great way to make a lasting impression," says Korey Kealey, food specialist, Food Thought Communications. "Your theme should extend beyond food to decor, music and entertainment to ensure that your guests' experience is authentic and unforgettable."
Kealey offers these tips for hosting a party with fiesta flair:
- To get the party started, use the Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker to make restaurant-quality refreshments like Blue Moon Margaritas.
- Ask guests to bring fiesta-themed music from their own collections - it will provide an interesting and eclectic mix of mariachi, flamenco and salsa beats.
- Create a warm weather-inspired menu including appetizers like Grilled Honey-Dijon Shrimp. By using the Sunbeam Rocket Grill, perfect shrimp can be enjoyed in three to four minutes with no leftover mess.
- Decor should be bright and vibrant. Think about spreading colourful table cloths on all surfaces and providing flowers for the female guests to wear in their hair.
- A piñata placed in the center of the room adds a festive focal point and doubles as a game at the end of the party.
- 2 oz. silver tequila
- 1 oz. blue curacao
- 1 oz. pineapple juice
- 5 3/4 oz. Margarita mix
Rim Margarita glass with sugar.
Fill Margaritaville reservoir with ice cubes.
Pour ingredients in glass blending jar.
Blend until smooth.
Garnish with a slice of pineapple.
More information is available online at www.margaritavillecargo.com and www.sunbeam.com.