Contributed by: Jennifer Adair of BabyShowerGuideBook.com
Baby showers are generally held in the later stages of pregnancy (in the last 2 months, for instance). There are, however, certain cultural beliefs that make people purposefully wait for the baby to arrive before having a baby shower. Adoptive parents, at times, wait until after the adoption is final and the baby has arrived in their home.
In its early form, baby showers were held exclusively for mothers-to-be, and only women were invited to attend the party. In addition, baby showers were traditionally held only for the first child. Today, however, many people arrange baby showers for both parents, and they can now be also arranged for every succeeding children (even children who have been adopted).
Activities in a baby shower typically include games, special activies, presents, and, most especially, food.
Below are some of the most common baby shower recipes:
1. Mix 2-3 tbsp of pizza sauce with 2-3 tbsp of cottage cheese.
2. Spread the mixture onto one half of the English muffin.
3. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
4. Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve.
Creamy Tomato Soup
1. Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan.
2. Add the tomato soup.
3. Add milk (approximately the same amount as that of the tomato soup).
4. Add basil and cook slowly on low heat (do not boil).
5. Top with a sprinkling of shredded mozzarella and croutons. Serve.
1. Mix all ingredients together using a mixer or a food processor (the cheese should be at room temperature).
2. Empty mixed ingredients on small bowls lined with plastic wrap.
3. Refrigerate overnight.
4. To serve, remove wrap and sprinkle with nuts. Serve with assorted crackers.
1. Melt butter in boiling water.
2. Add flour.
3. Stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball.
4. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
5. Add egg and beat briskly until smooth.
6. Stir in cheese.
7. Scoop 1 tsp dough into a greased baking sheet.
8. Preheat oven to 400 F.
9. Bake the puffs for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, cool, and split.
10. Combine the remaining ingredients with the finely chopped cooked chicken, pimiento, and olives.
11. Fill each puff with 2 tsp of the mixture. Serve.
There are just some of the baby shower recipes, there are numerous others to choose from - from sandwiches & finger foods, to snacks and dips and sweets - appetizing, yet simple and very easy to prepare.
About The Author:
Download your free baby shower planning report today for great ideas and tips for planning amazing baby showers at http://www.babyshowerguidebook.com/
|Home What's Cool Random My Recipe Box Add Modify|
|FAQs NewsLetter WebMaster$ Plugs Join! LogIn/LogOut|