Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 1/2 pounds ground round or ground chuck
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke (hickory or mesquite)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Hamburger buns
- Onion slices
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, pepper, liquid smoke and 1 tablespoon of
the barbecue sauce. Mix well and set aside. In a medium frying pan, heat the oil and saute the
chopped onion. When browned well, remove from the frying pan and combine with the ground beef.
Mix together well and form into four to six patties. Place the patties on a grill or broiler. Baste with
remaining barbecue sauce while cooking. Serve on a bun with a slice of raw onion.
Serving Size: Makes 4 to 6 servings