Contributed by: News Canada
"Just Desserts": A holiday party both kids and adults will enjoy
(NC) - This Holiday season, hosting a desserts-only party will provide a sweet excuse to invite family and friends for an evening of decadent fun. To take it one step further, consider a themed event - Everything Chocolate lends itself to a rich soiree that will be a hit with both adults and kids.
"White and milk chocolate fondue provides a rich focal point on any dessert table," says Korey Kealey, food specialist, Food Thought Communications. "And with the Double Dipper by Crock-Pot, Holiday hosts no longer have to worry about re-heating warm dips. Some fruit, cookies, marshmallow-kebabs for dipping paired with festive drinks will get the party started."
Kealey offers these additional tips to make your dessert party a great success:
- Ask guests for their favourite dessert recipe. Compile the recipes into small bound books for wonderfulparty favours.
- Serve full-bodied coffee and hot chocolate as the perfect complements to assorted desserts. Coffee Calypso in the Oster 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker promises guests an extra kick in their perfectly-brewed coffee.
- Use fresh fruit as part of the decor. As a centrepiece or food garnish, sweet colourful fruit not only adds a creative touch but it's edible too!
- Set up a few board games around the room. Kids and adults can team up for some good old fashioned fun before enjoying some delicious desserts.
- Aromatic teas provide an exotic touch. Ensure they are perfectly brewed in the Zarafina Tea Maker Suite, an automatic tea steeper and dispenser.
- 2 tbsp dark creme de cacao
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of hot coffee
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 1/2 cup instant coffee granules
Pour creme de cacao into a mug.
Add sugar and coffee. Stir well.
Slowly pour whipping cream over back of teaspoon so it floats on top.
Sprinkle with coffee granules and serve immediately.
More information is available online at www.crock-pot.ca, www.oster.ca and www.zarafina.com.