Warm Tomato And Beef Ratatouille Salad
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green or red bell pepper cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups eggplant and/or zucchini cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds fully ripened fresh Florida tomatoes cut in chunks (about 3 cups)
- 8 ounces sliced deli roast beef, cut in strips
- 3 tablespoons prepared Italian-style salad dressing
- 4 cups lightly packed lettuce leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot.
Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 3 minutes. Add eggplant;
cook and stir until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and bring to a boil; reduce
heat and simmer, covered, until eggplant is tender, about 4 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in roast beef and salad dressing.
In a large salad bowl, combine vegetables and beef mixture with lettuce; toss until well
Serving Size: Makes 4 Portions