Warm Ham, Swiss and Fresh Tomato Rolls
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 2 fully ripened fresh Florida tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- 6 ounces sliced ham, cut in strips (about 11/2 cups)
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded (about 11/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons prepared creamy mustard blend (like Dijonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon prepared white horseradish (optional)
- 4 large hard round (Kaiser) rolls, cut in halves
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Cut stem ends from tomatoes; slice in large chunks; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine ham, cheese, mustard blend and horsera$ish (if using). Gently stir
in tomatoes. Remove the inside from the bottom portion of each roll, leaving 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick
Place on a baking sheet. Fill each shell with about 1 cup of the tomato mixture; top with
upper portion of roll.
Bake until heated through and cheese starts to melt, about 15 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 4 portions