Fiesta BBQ Chicken
Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Preparation: 5 minutes - Cooking: 45 minutes
- 2 lb assorted chicken pieces 1 kg
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) Campbell's Condensed Fiesta Tomato Soup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 60 mL
1. Place chicken in single layer on baking pan. Coat chicken lightly with cooking spray. Bake in
375°F (190°C) oven for about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
2. In bowl, combine condensed soup with brown sugar.
3. Baste meat with soup mixture and broil about 4" (10 cm) from heat source for about 5
minutes or until sauce begins to bubble and caramelize.
- Fiesta BBQ Spareribs - in step 1, substitute 3 lb (1.4 kg) pork spareribs for assorted chicken
pieces. To cook, cut spareribs into portions of 3 ribs each. Place spareribs in large saucepan or
Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer until meat is cooked through and tender
- about 45 minutes. Drain.
- For chicken cooked on the barbecue, use soup mixture as a basting sauce during final 5 to 10
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings.