Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 45 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 350g pkg Sunrise Savory Garden Herb Tofu, crumbled
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 500 ml mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (28 fl. oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 fl. oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 10 ml sugar
- 5 ml salt
- 5 ml pepper
- 5 ml basil
- 10 ml Italian spice
- 10 ml garlic powder
- 15 sheets 'oven-ready' lasagna
- 1,375 ml mozzarella or soy cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 190° C (375° F).
Heat oil in a large pot. Sauté onion and Sunrise Savory Garden Herb Tofu until onion
is soft. Add green pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms; cook for 5 minutes.
Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and all the spices; bring sauce to a boil and simmer
for 10 minutes.
To assemble, spoon 3 cups of sauce on the bottom of a 23 cm x 28 cm (9"x 11") lasagna pan.
Layer in order: 5 sheets 'oven-ready' lasagna, 750 ml sauce, 125 ml cheese. Repeat twice. Top
with remaining cheese.
Bake at 190° C (375° F) for 30 minutes.
Serving Size: Serves 8