Turtle Brownie Dessert Squares
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Rich chocolate brownies topped with chewy Turtles won't last long on your holiday dessert table!
- 1 pkg (515 g) chocolate cake mix 1
- 3/4 cup butter, softened 175 mL
- 1/3 cup NESTLE CARNATION Evaporated Milk 75 mL
- 1 cup chopped pecans 250 mL
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips 250 mL
- 2 tbsp NESTLE CARNATION Evaporated Milk 25 mL
- 20 NESTLE TURTLES chocolates 20
Blend together cake mix, butter and evaporated milk in large bowl until smooth; stir in
Spread half of the mixture in 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) cake pan. Bake in 375 F (190 C) oven for 12
minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.
Combine chocolate chips and evaporated milk in microwaveable bowl; microwave on HIGH
for about 1 1/2 minutes or until chips are melted, stirring to combine. Gently spread over cake.
Arrange chocolates about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart over chocolate mixture. Drop remaining brownie
dough by small spoonfuls between chocolates. Bake for about 16 minutes or until cake tester
inserted in brownie comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Let cool completely on wire
rack. ut into squares with each containing one chocolate.
Serving Size: Makes 20 servings
Nutritional Information: Per serving: about 351 Calories, 3.6 g Protein, 21 g Fat, 37 g Carbohydrate