Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 31/4 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red candy sprinkles
- 1 cup red heart candies
- 1 1/2 cups melted white chocolate chips
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon multicolored candy sprinkles
Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Blend in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour, baking
powder and salt, and blend until smooth. Fold in sprinkles and heart candies.
Divide the dough in half and shape on a lightly greased baking sheet into two logs about 4
inches wide and 5/8 to 3/4 inches high. Place them 3 inches apart. Bake in a 350 F oven for 25 to 30
minutes or until they are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut
each log diagonally into 3/4-inch slices. Stand the slices up on a baking sheet and toast in the hot
oven (turn off the heat) about 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
For the icing, melt the chocolate and food coloring and spread on the biscotti tops. Distribute the
multicolored sprinkles onto the icing.
Serving Size: Makes about 2 1/2 dozen biscotti