Turkey Vegetable Soup
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 2 cups Turkey leftovers 500 mL
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil 5 mL
- 1 Onion, chopped 1
- 2 Garlic clove, minced 2
- 3 cups Water 750 mL
- 28 oz Tomatoes, whole canned 796 mL
- 7 1/2 oz Tomato sauce, canned 213mL
- 14 oz Kidney beans, canned, drained 398 mL
- 3 cups Cabbage, chopped 750 mL
- 3 Carrots, sliced 3
- 3 Celery stalks, sliced 3
- 1/4 cup Rice 50 mL
- 1/4 tsp Thyme, dried, marjoram and pepper (each) 1 mL
In a large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring for 3 minutes or
Stir in water, tomatoes (breaking up with fork), sauce, beans, cabbage, carrots, celery, rice, thyme,
marjoram and pepper.
Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat, add Butterball turkey leftovers and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings