Tropical Sausage Bites
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1- 1/2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (20-ounce) can juice-packed pineapple chunks, drained, reserving juice
- 1/2 cup Cream of Coconut
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large green or red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and halved
In large skillet, brown sausage in margarine; pour off fat.
In small bowl, stir together cornstarch, reserved pineapple juice, cream of coconut, mustard and
garlic powder; add to sausage in skillet.
Cook and stir until sauce thickens. Add pineapple, pepper and water chestnuts; heat through.
In 12x7-inch baking dish, combine sausage and margarine; cover
with wax paper.
Cook on 100% power (high) 5 minutes, stirring after 2- 1/2 minutes; pour off fat.
In 1-quart glass measure, combine cornstarch, reserved pineapple juice, cream of coconut, mustard
and garlic powder; mix well.
Cook on 100% power (high) 3 to 3- 1/2 minutes or until thick, stirring after 2 minutes.
Pour sauce over sausage; stir in pineapple, pepper and water chestnuts.
Cook on 100% power (high) 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
Microwave ovens vary in wattage and power output; cooking times may
need to be adjusted.
Serving Size: Makes about 40 servings