Tomato Artichoke Couscous Salad
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Enjoy the fresh taste of summer any time of the year. Substitute white or brown rice for the couscous if desired.
- 1 jar (6 oz/170 mL) marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tbsp 25 mL lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp 2 mL salt
- 1/4 tsp 1 mL pepper
- 3 cups 750 mL prepared cold couscous or rice
- 3 large fresh California Tomatoes, seeded, diced and drained, about 1 1/2 lb (750g)
- 1 cup 250 mL finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup 250 mL pitted whole black olives, cut in quarters
- 1/4 cup 50 mL chopped parsley
Drain artichoke hearts; reserving marinade. Slice artichoke hearts lengthwise; set aside.
Combine reserved marinade with lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
Combine dressing with couscous, tomatoes, onion, olives, parsley and reserved artichokes.
Serve immediately or chill several hours.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings