Thai Sticky and Rice Mango
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Khao Nieow Ma Muang.
- 1 1/4 cups raw sticky rice (sweet or glutinous rice). Use Thai sticky rice if possible.
- 3/4 cup very thick coconut milk for mixing with rice*
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup very thick coconut milk for topping the rice**
- 1/8 tsp salt for the topping
- 1/2 tbsp salt for mixing with rice
- 1/4 tsp rice flour
- 6 medium mangoes -- peeled and sliced
Wash and rinse the sticky rice well. Add ewater to the rice until the water is about 1/4" above the
rice surface. Use an automatic rice cooker or in a bowl in a steamer.
Do not open the rice until fully cooked (about 20-25 mins).
Heat, on low, 3/4 cup of coconut milk in a small saucepan. Add sugar and 1/2 tbsp salt to the
coconut milk and cook until dissolved. Remove from heat and pour into cooked rice.
Stir to mix well and set aside to let stand for about 15 mins.
Heat the rest of coconut milk and add salt. Stir until the salt is dissolved.
To serve, place sliced mangoes on a side of a serving disk. Spoon some seasoned sticky rice on
the other side. Top the rice with 1 or 2 tsp of coconut sauce and serve.
* Do not shake the coconut milk can before opening. Spoon out only the thick part that's usually on top
** Freeze the rest of the coconut milk for other use later.
Serving Size: Makes about 6 servings