TexMex Corn Chili Stew
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Is it stew or chili? Either way it makes suppertime simple and tasty.
- 1 lb (500 g) stewing beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano leaves
- 4 cobs of corn
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
In large, heavy saucepan, brown stewing beef in oil. Add onion wedges, garlic, tomatoes, water,
chili powder and oregano leaves.
Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and cook, covered, about 1 hour, or until beef is tender.
Break corn cobs into pieces. Add to stew and cook 10 minutes.
Add green pepper, cut into chunks, and cook 5 to 10 minutes longer.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings