Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 350g pkg Sunrise Savory Garden Herb Tofu, crumbled
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 125 ml onion, finely chopped
- 10 ml chili powder
- 2 ml each paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, juice of 1/2 lime
- 125 ml tomato sauce
- 60 ml cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 -10 taco shells, baked or heated
- 500 ml lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 250 ml cheddar or soy cheese, grated
- 75 ml salsa or taco sauce
In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil and sauté garlic, Sunrise Savory Garden Herb Tofu
and onions over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
Add spices, lime juice and tomato sauce. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir in cilantro and cook for 1
more minute. Spoon into serving bowl.
To serve, spoon tofu mixture into a taco shell and top with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado,
cheddar and your favorite salsa or taco sauce.
This tofu mixture is also excellent for taco salads, nachos, burritos, quesadillas and chili.
Serving Size: Serves 8 - 10