Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - A flavorful variation on an old favorite, this recipe offers both appealing taste and texture, with zesty seasonings and a hearty crunch.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Ortega¨ Thick & Smooth Taco Sauce
- 4 oz. Ortega Diced Green Chiles
- 21/4 oz. sliced ripe olives, drained and divided
- 1 package Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 package (4.5 oz.) Ortega Taco Shells or White Corn Taco Shells
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes (optional)
- 1/8 cup sliced green onions (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375 F.
COOK beef, onion and garlic until beef is browned; drain. Stir in water, taco sauce, chiles, 1/4
cup olives and seasoning mix. Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
LAYER half of broken shells on bottom of greased 12x8-inch baking dish. Cover with half of
meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining taco shells, meat sauce and cheese.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Top with remaining olives,
tomatoes and green onions.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes - Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings