Sweet Potato Cheesecake
Contributed by: NAPSA
An Easy Dessert That's Good For You
(NAPSA) - Sweet potatoes (yams) are not only delicious, but are good for you, too. They contain
vitamins A, C and B6, beta-carotene, iron, potassium and fiber. Sweet potatoes are also low in fat
and sodium. In fact, the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) named sweet potatoes the #1 most nutritious vegetable. Which means you can eat a dessert made with sweet potatoes and feel good about it.
- 2 (8 oz.) packages light cream cheese
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 (15 oz.) can sweet potatoes (yams), drained and mashed or 1 cup fresh sweet potatoes,
cooked and mashed
- 1 1/3 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (9 in.) prepared reduced fat graham cracker crust
Blend cream cheese and yogurt on medium speed until creamy.
Add sweet potatoes and brown sugar; mix well. Add egg and egg white; beat on low after
each addition. Blend in vanilla. Spoon mixture into crust.
Bak% at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and cool.
Refrigerate 2 hours or until chilled.
Serving Size: Makes 10 to 12 servings