Sunset Peach Salsa
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - The cool, refreshing combination of peaches, pineapple, and oranges takes
on a zesty taste when mixed with the distinctive flavours of white wine vinegar and jalapeno
peppers. This salsa can be served as a dip for tortilla chips or as a condiment for grilled fish,
chicken or pork. The possibilities are endless with this versatile recipe that is sure to be a hit!
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) California Cling Peaches
- 4 tsp white wine vinegar 20 mL
- 4 tsp lime juice 20 mL
- 2 tsp finely grated lime peel 10 mL
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint 75 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander 50 mL
- 1/4 tsp black pepper 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- 3/4 cup diced pineapple, drained 175 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh orange segments 125 mL
- 1/2 cup finely chopped English cucumber 125 mL
- 3 tbsp finely chopped seeded jalapeno peppers, 45 mL
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion 75 mL
Drain peaches and dice into small pieces. Reserve.
In a large bowl, combine vinegar, lime juice, lime peel, mint, coriander, pepper and salt.
Whisking, drizzle in oil. Add peaches, pineapple, oranges, cucumber, jalapeno and red onion.
Gently stir until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate.
Add 3/4 cup (175 mL) finely chopped red pepper.
Serving Size: Makes 8 servings (3 cups/750 mL)