Summertime Shrimp And Rice Bowls
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 (11-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1/4 cup drained and chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, reserving oil
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon slivered fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Thread shrimp on skewers.
To broil in oven, place on broiler rack coated with cooking spray. Brush shrimp with oil
reserved from tomatoes. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat, 4 minutes.
To cook on outdoor grill, brush shrimp with reserved oil from tomatoes. Cook skewered
shrimp over hot coals 4 minutes. Turn and brush with additional oil. Grill 4 to 5 minutes or until
In large bowl, combine rice, corn, tomatoes, cheese, basil and salt. Spoon into individual
Top rice with shrimp.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings