Cold Pineapple Rice Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Whether you're hosting a burger night, dinner party or picnic, beverages in Tetra Pak packaging are a convenient way to keep juice and other
beverages on hand. With no need for refrigeration, beverages in Tetra Pak packages are ideal additions to drink recipes and sauces to complement your barbeque fare. This juicy recipe created by home economist and author of "Lick the Spoon!", Mairlyn Smith, makes every meal easy and nutritious!
- 1 1/4 cups Converted rice
- 3 cups pineapple juice in Tetra Pak packaging (1 L size)
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic chili paste
- Juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
Mix rice and pineapple juice in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil. Put a lid on the saucepan, reduce heat to simmer and cook until done
(approximately 20 - 25 minutes).
Whisk ingredients together. Set aside in the fridge.
When rice is cooked transfer to a bowl and let cool.
Toss in dressing. Mix in garnishes.
Refrigerate overnight. Pack in cooler for the picnic.
Serving Size: Makes 6 - 8 Servings