Summer Fruit Salad Wrap
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Salad and sandwich in one! A change from traditional lunch time fare. Peaches and pears add zip and fresh, fruity flavour to ordinary tuna.
- 2 Ontario Peaches, divided
- 1 Ontario Pear
- 1 can (6 oz/170 g) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup 50 mL finely chopped celery
- 2 tbsp 25 mL finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tbsp 15 mL finely chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp 1 mL lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 tsp 1-2 mL curry powder
- 2-3 tbsp 25-45 mL mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large flour tortillas or flavoured wraps
- Shredded lettuce
Peel and pit peaches, finely chop one and slice the other; set aside.
Peel, core and chop pear.
In medium bowl, combine tuna with the chopped peach and pear, celery, nuts, onion, lemon
juice and curry powder. Moisten until desired consistency with mayonnaise. Season to taste with
salt and pepper.
Divide mixture evenly among tortillas, top with shredded lettuce and peach slices; roll up.
Serving Size: Makes 4 wraps