Broccoli & Mushroom Quiche
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
This no bake quiche makes a quick, light supper.
- 2 stalks of broccoli (about 3/4 lb/375g total)
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups (300ml) light ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125ml) fresh grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp (25ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp (0.5ml) each pepper and nutmeg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cups very thinly sliced potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups (375ml) mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125ml) shredded cheddar cheese
Remove broccoli heads and break or cut into small florets. Save stems for another use. In saucepan
of rapidly boiling lightly salted water, cook florets until just tender, about 2 min. Drain thoroughly;
In bowl, whisk together eggs and ricotta until blended. Whisk in Parmesan cheese, flour, pepper
and nutmeg. Stir in milk until smooth. Set aside.
Cover handle of nonstick 10 in. (25 cm) oven proof skillet with foil. Add oil and heat, swirling
pan to coat sides. Cover bottom and partly up sides of pan with potatoes, overlapping slices. Cook 4
over medium heat or until undersides of potatoes are becoming golden.
Place broccoli and mushrooms over potatoes; gently pour in ricotta filling. Cover and cook for
12 to 15 min. or until edge is set. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese; broil for about 3 min. or until
cheese is melted and filing is set. Cool 10 min. before cutting into wedges.
The potato crust is much lower in fat than a traditional pastry base. <`>Preparation time is 20 min. -
Cooking time is 20 min.
Serving Size: Serves 4 to 6