Spinach Feta Bites
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 18 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light Butter, melted
- 1/2 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 6 oz. (175 mL) Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) reduced fat ricotta
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg beaten
Drain spinach, add Feta, ricotta, onions and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Stir in egg.
Melt butter. Unfold the phyllo and cover with a damp tea towel. Take one sheet and brush with
melted butter, add another sheet and brush again. Repeat.
Cut each sheet vertically into six strips. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) of filling at the top of each strip and fold
like a flag. Start with the top and fold to the left, then right and continue all the way to the bottom.
Place on a cookie sheet, brush with more melted butter and bake in a 350° F (175° C)
oven until browned about 20 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 36 pieces