Soy Good Pureed Carrot and Cauliflower Soup
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This delicious, healthy soup is made in minutes and is a terrific way to sneak vegetables onto a fussy eater's plate.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil 25 mL
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small cauliflower, florets only
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock 1 L
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg 2 mL
- scoops Nestle Carnation(r) Follow-Up Soy Infant Formula
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, carrots and cauliflower, stirring often,
for about 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
Stir in stock, nutmeg and infant formula until well mixed; bring to boil. Reduce heat and
simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
In food processor or blender, puree soup until smooth. Return to saucepan and heat through.
Substitute 4 cups (1 L) 2% milk and 1 cube chicken bouillon mix for the Infant Formula
and vegetable stock.
Serving Size: Makes 6 cups (1.5 L)
Nutritional Information: Per 1 cup (250 mL) Serving: 147 Calories, 4 g Protein, 7 g Fat, 17 g Carbohydrate, 103 mg Calcium