Soyaccino Pecan Muffins
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 cup (250 mL) wholewheat flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) unbleached white flour
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) pecans, chopped
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) So Good Soyaccino fortified soy beverage
Sift flours and baking powder into a large bowl.
Add sugar, chopped pecans and mashed banana.
Combine oil, egg and So Good. Add to dry ingredients.
Gently mix wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
Spoon mixture into lightly greased muffin tins.
Decorate the top of each muffin with a whole pecan.
Bake at 375 F (190 C) for 25 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 12 muffins
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Calories: 180, Protein: 4.0g, Fat: 6.0g, Carbohydrates: 28.1g, Calcium: 61mg, Iron: 1.1mg, Dietary Fibre: 1.9g.