So Good Asparagus Penne
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This recipe is an excellent source of Folacin and a good source of Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Niacin and Zinc.
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh asparagus, chopped
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) sundried tomato, in oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp (20 mL) flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) So Good Fat Free fortified soy beverage
- 1 cube vegetable stock, crumbled
- Pinch, salt and pepper
- 3 oz (85 grams) goat's cheese, crumbled
- 4 cups (1 litre) cooked penne (or 21/2 cups (600 mL) of dried penne or small shaped
Steam asparagus, set aside. Rinse sundried tomato. Chop and set aside.
Saute chopped garlic in 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat until translucent. Stir in flour to
make a roux.
Gradually add So Good Fat Free, stirring until smooth.
Add crumbled vegetable stock cube. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Simmer until
Add asparagus, sundried tomato, salt and pepper. Gradually add crumbled goat's cheese to
sauce, stir until cheese melts.
Add penne and mix until combined.
Serving Size: Serves 4
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Calories: 378, Protein: 15 g, Fat: 13 g, Carbohydrate: 50 g, Sodium: 515 mg, Calcium 159 mg, Iron 1.9 mg, Dietary Fibre 3 g.