Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 2 lbs (900 g) fresh shrimp, 16 to 18 to the pound
- 1 cup (250 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) tomato paste
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs (45 ml) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Tabasco or other hot sauce, or to taste (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Peel and de-vein the shrimp, leaving the tail shell on.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring to combine. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
Marinate at room temperature for about 2 hours, stirring every half hour.
Cook the shrimp over hot coals for two to five minutes (depending on the heat of the fire), turn and cook an additional two to five minutes.
Meanwhile, place the marinade in a saucepan and heat over a high flame until the sauce starts to bubble. Or, place shrimp in a single layer along with the sauce in a large ovenproof baking dish and place under the broiler for three to five minutes, basting occasionally.
Turn the shrimp over and broil an additional three to five minutes.
Nutritional Information: Serves 4 to 6