Shortcut Beef Stew
Contributed by: News Canada
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil 15 mL
- 1 lb boneless beef inside round or sirloin steak, cut in cubes 500 g
- 1 cup each, finely diced potato, sliced celery & sliced carrots 250 mL
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour 45 mL
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Beef Broth
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Tomato or 25% Less Sodium
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 15 mL
Heat oil at medium-high in Dutch oven or large heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add beef and cook
until browned. Add vegetables and cook 4 minutes, stirring often.
Stir flour into beef broth. Add with remaining ingredients to Dutch oven. Heat to a boil,
stirring often. Stir and cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
Simmer with cover, until vegetables are tender - about 15 minutes, stirring often.
For taste variety, substitute CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Tomato with Basil &
Oregano Soup for soup above; omit Worcestershire sauce and add 1/3 cup (75 mL) water.
Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: Serves 4