Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Shortbreads are great plain or frost them with chocolate.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (64 grams) sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (256 grams) sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (3.5 grams)salt
In the bowl of your mixer cream the butter. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth. Gently
stir in the flour mixed with salt. Chill the dough for at least an hour.
Set oven to 300 degrees with the rack in the middle of the oven. Line two baking sheets with
On a lightly floured surface roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into rounds or whatever shapes
you wish using cookie cutters.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until cookies are dry but not brown. Cool on rack.