Shepherds Cheddar Pie
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) Campbell's Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes 750 mL
- 1 lb ground beef 500 g
- 2 cups frozen mixed green beans, corn, peas and carrots 500 mL
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 15 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves (optional) 1 mL
Make topping by combining _ can condensed soup with hot mashed potatoes; set aside.
In large non-stick frypan, brown ground beef at medium-high heat until cooked through.
Drain excess fat.
Meanwhile, cook mixed vegetables according to package directions; add to frypan and stir
into beef with remaining soup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and oregano.
Spoon meat mixture into 8" x 8" x 2" (20 cm x 20 cm x 5 cm) square baking pan. Spread
reserved potato mixture evenly over surface. Bake at 400º F (200ºC) for 20 minutes
or until topping is light golden.
Preparation: 15 minutes - Cooking: 20 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 4 to 6 servings