Banana Spice Muffins
Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
A lower-fat muffin with only 20% calories from fat.
Make a batch with the kids and watch them disappear!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 500 mL
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 125 mL
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder 12 mL
- 3/4 tsp baking soda 4 mL
- 1/2 tsp each ground ginger and cinnamon 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- Pinch each ground cloves and nutmeg Pinch
- 1 tbsp vinegar 15 mL
- 1 cup Evaporated Ski- Milk 250 mL
- 1 egg 1
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2) 250 mL
- 1/3 cup orange juice 75 mL
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil 45 mL
- 1/2 cup raisins 125 mL
In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, cloves and
In a small bowl, stir vinegar into evaporated milk until slightly thickened. In another bowl, beat
egg; stir in banana, orange juice, evaporated milk mixture and oil.
Pour over dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in raisins.
Spoon into lightly greased nonstick muffin cups, filling to top.
Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven 12 to 15 minutes or until browned and top springs
back when lightly touched.
Kitchen Tip: For a fiber boost, sprinkle tops with crushed bran cereal flakes before
Serving Size: Makes 12 muffins.
Nutritional Information: Per serving (approx): 225 Calories, 5 g Protein, 5 g Fat, 40 g Carbohydrate.