Banana Hemp Bread
Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Recipes from Hempola
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) HEMPOLA Flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) unpacked brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) fat-free plain yogourt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500 mL) mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Spray 9" x 5" (23 x 23 cm) loaf pan with non-stick
Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. In
medium bowl, whisk egg whites, butter, yogourt and vanilla until smooth. Add mashed bananas and
whisk again. Stir into dry ingredients, adding sesame seeds.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake for an hour and twenty minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
Remove from pan and cool.