Roasted Salmon with Caramelized Onions, Figs And Red Wine
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
For a special dinner, serve heart-healthy Roasted Salmon with Caramelized Onions, Figs and Red Wine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound yellow onions, halved and thinly sliced to measure 4 cups
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid Mission or Calimyrna figs,
stemmed and halved
- 1/2 cup red or white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 11/3 pounds salmon filet, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- Chopped parsley
Swirl olive oil in bottom of medium nonstick skillet. Add onions and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 10
Remove cover and cook, stirring often, until onions are golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in figs,
wine, broth, vinegar and fresh rosemary. Increase heat to high and simmer until sauce thickens,
about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
Preheat oven to 450 F. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Place on lightly oiled
heavy baking sheet. Roast for 7 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes. Sprinkle salmon with parsley.
Serve over fig sauce.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information: Per serving: Calories 416; Protein 26g; Fat 15g; Carbohydrate 39g; Cholesterol 64mg; Dietary Fiber 8g; Sodium 549mg;
Daily Value: 4 percent vitamin A, 20 percent vitamin C, 15 percent iron and 10 percent calcium.