Potato Salad with Hot Smoked Sausage
Contributed by: NAPSA
- 3 lbs. red skin potatoes, cleaned and quartered
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. Hillshire Farm¨ Hot Smoked Sausage, cut lengthwise in half; then across in 1/4"
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 6 green onions, sliced
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add potatoes; cook until fork tender, stirring
occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Drain well.
In a skillet, over medium-high heat, lightly brown smoked sausage in 1 tablespoon of
vegetable oil for about 5 minutes. Drain; set aside.
Whisk vinegar, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper, mustard and 1/4 cup of the vegetable oil in a
large bowl. Gently toss mixture with potatoes, green peppers, celery, green onions and sausage.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.