Pork And Sausage Jambalaya
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pounds boneless pork, cut into stew meat-size chunks
- 4 pounds smoked sausage, sliced
- 6 cups chopped onions
- 21/2 cups chopped bell peppers
- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 cup mild picante sauce
- 1 cup steak sauce
- 12 cups water
- 6 cups uncooked long-grain rice
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a medium-high fire and brown the pork on all sides, then
remove to a plate. In the same pot, brown the sausage, then remove from the pot. Add the onions,
bell peppers and parsley to the pot, and cook, stirring, over medium fire until the onions are clear.
Add the remaining ingredients except the meat and rice, bring to a boil, and add the meat. Bring to a
boil again and add the rice. Cook until most of the water is gone.
Cover, reduce the fire to low, and simmer for one hour.
Serving Size: Makes 12 to 20 servings