Pistachio Berry Vineyard Pears
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 4 Fresh Bartlett or Bosc pears
- 2 cups Full-bodied red wine or sparkling grape juice
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- Zest of 1 orange (colored part of peel)
- 4-inch piece Vanilla bean
- 1 cup Fresh or thawed unsweetened raspberries or strawberries
- 1/4 cup California pistachios
- 4 large Mint leaves or sprigs
Peel pears but leave the stems; core the pear from the bottom.
Place in saucepan and add approximately 2-inches water. Cover pan and bring to a boil.
Simmer 10 minutes or until tender but not mushy. Drain and cool.
For sauce, combine wine or grape juice, sugar, orange zest and vanilla bean in wide saucepan.
Bring to boil uncovered. Boil about 15 minutes, evaporating sauce until reduced to approximately
1 cup. Discard orange zest and vanilla bean. Add berries and cook 1 minute; cool.
To serve, roll pears in pistachios to coat. Spoon sauce into shallow dessert bowls. Stand pears
in sauce. Put mint leaves onto pear stems.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings