Baked Salmon Trout with Piquant Cucumber Sauce
Contributed by: News Canada
Shredded Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber, lemon juice
and dillweed team up in this piquant sauce for easy baked fish.
- 1 tbsp butter 15 mL
- 1/2 cup shredded, peeled, squeezed dry Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber 125 mL
- 2 tbsp chopped onion 25 mL
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour 25 mL
- 1/4 tsp dried d)llweed 15 mL
- 1/2 cup milk 125 mL
- 4 tsp lemon juice 20 mL
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 lb Ontario Salmon Trout fillets or salmon fillet, cut into 6 pieces 375 g
To prepare sauce ahead of time: In medium saucepan, melt butter; saute cucumber and onion until
tender. Blend in flour and dillweed; gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until
mixture boils and thickens. Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste; keep warm.
Meanwhile, place two servings of fish in centre of 2 pieces of foil; fold edges to seal. Place
packages on baking sheet, bake in 475 F (240 C) oven for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily
with fork. Drain fish and serve with cucumber sauce.
Serving Size: Makes 2 servings.