3-in-1 Holiday Bars
Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 package Betty Crocker(r) SuperMoist(r) white cake mix
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) (1 stick) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tub Betty Crocker(r) Creamy Deluxe(r) vanilla frosting
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely crushed hard peppermint candies (about 14 candies)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) red and green candy sprinkles
Heat oven to 350¡F (180¡C). Beat cake mix (dry), margarine and egg in large bowl
on low speed until dough forms. Press in ungreased jelly roll pan, 15 1/2x10 1/2 inches (38x25
cm). Bake about 15 minutes or until set.
Spread frosting over hot baked layer. Immediately sprinkle cranberries and almonds over
one-third of baked layer, 10 1/2x5 inches (25x13 cm). Sprinkle crushed candies over middle third
of baked layer, 10 1/2x5 inches (25x13 cm). Bake 5 minutes longer.
Immediately sprinkle candy sprinkles over third section of baked layer; press lightly with back
of spoon. Run knife around edges of warm bars to loosen. Cool completely. For bars, cut into 9
rows by 6 rows. Store loosely covered.
Serving Size: Makes 54 bars