Penne With Fresh Tomato Sauce
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds fully ripened fresh Florida tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 8 ounces penne pasta (about 4 cups)
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil and butter.
Add onion; cook and stir until golden, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, Italian seasoning,
salt and pepper. Cook and stir until tomatoes soften, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta
according to package directions; drain.
Add pasta and feta to skillet; gently toss with Fresh Tomato Sauce.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Portions