Peanut Butter Chocolate Kisses
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 11/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- About 3 dozen milk chocolate candy kisses or stars or desired amount chocolate-coated peanut
Heat oven to 375 F. Mix 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, margarine,
shortening and egg thoroughly. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
Mold dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake until edges are light
brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately press candy kiss firmly in each cookie; cool.
Serving Size: Makes 3 dozen