Peach And Plum Couscous Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
If you can boil water, you can make this sensational salad. Light and fruity, with a mildly spicy oriental dressing.
- 1 cup 250 mL chicken stock
- 3 tbsp 45 mL lemon juice
- 1 tbsp 15 mL soy sauce
- 2 tsp 10 mL oil
- 1 tsp 5 mL grated gingerroot
- 1/4 tsp 1 mL cayenne pepper
- 1 cup 250 mL couscous
- 4 Ontario Peaches, peeled and pitted, divided
- 4 Ontario Plums, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup 125 mL each: chopped celery and green onions
In medium saucepan or microwaveable bowl, combine stock, lemon juice, soy sauce, oil,
gingerroot and cayenne.
Heat to boiling; remove from heat. Stir in couscous, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Fluff with fork and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, chop two peaches and slice
other two. Stir chopped peaches and plums into couscous with celery and green onions.
Line serving platter with watercress; top with couscous mixture and sliced peaches.
Serving Size: Makes 4 to 6 servings