Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Treat yourself to a quick, but fabulous dinner for one! For protein, add chickpeas or tuna to this classic full-flavored vegetarian pasta.
- 1 pkg (255 g) Stouffer's® Pastaria™ Rigatoni Tomato Basil 1
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained canned chickpeas (or 1 can [6.5 oz/184 mL] tuna, drained) 125 mL
- 2 tbsp sliced pitted black olives 25 mL
- 2 tsp drained capers (optional) 10 mL
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Cook Pastaria Rigatoni according to package directions. Stir in chickpeas, olives, capers (if using)
and red pepper flakes until well combined. Cover and microwave for 30 seconds longer or until hot.
Excellent source of folate. Source of fiber.
Serving Size: Makes 1 serving
Nutritional Information: 430 Calories, 14 g Protein, 6 g Fat, 80 g Carbohydrate