Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Celebrate a fresh new crop of ruby-red, ripe and juicy Ontario Greenhouse Tomatoes with this make-ahead, no-cook sauce. Coupled with warm pasta, it makes a fresh and lively first course. Or, serve as a savory accompaniment to an entree of grilled chicken or poached fish.
- 4 Ontario Greenhouse Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber 125 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (or 2 tbsp/30 mL dried) 50 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint (or 2 tbsp/30 mL dried) 50 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp pepper 2 mL
- 1 lb linguine, fettucine or spaghetti pasta 500 g
In large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, garlic, basil, mint, salt and pepper; let stand at room
temperature for 2 hours.
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender yet firm.
Drain and toss with sauce.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings