Sweet Onion and Steak Salad
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Served on a bed of leafy greens and tossed with zingy dressing, this meal in a bowl is superb.
- 1 medium Texas 1015 SuperSweet or 1
- Georgia Vidalia Onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 lb lean steak, broiled and cut into 1-inch strips (2.5 cm) 375 g
- 3/4 cup sliced radishes 175 mL
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley 30 mL
- 1 tbsp each: olive oil, red wine vinegar and water 15 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced 1
- Dandelion greens or Swiss chard
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese 250 mL
In a large bowl, combine sweet onion, steak and radishes. In a small saucepan, combine parsley, oil,
vinegar, water and garlic; cook over medium heat until heated through. Pour warm dressing over
onion mixture; toss well. Line large bowl with dandelion or Swiss chard; spoon salad over top.
Sprinkle with blue cheese.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings