Contributed by: NAPS
Quick And Easy Hors D'oeuvres
(NAPSI) - Although cooking is enjoyable, it can also be stressful to prepare elaborate meals for guests. Savory appetizers made with scrumptious olives are a clever way to provide delicious hors d'oeuvres and escape excess hours in the kitchen.
Marinated Spiced Olives can be prepared up to a month ahead of time, and are a
delicious addition to any meal. Serve them with toothpicks or even over a salad. Either way, they
provide great taste with little preparation. Olive Spirals are also quick and appetizing, and can be
prepared ahead with no cooking. This easy-to-prepare recipe features ripe, flavorful Lindsay olives, providing hosts with tasty appetizers that help make entertainments festive and stress-free for all.
- 2 spinach, tomato or plain flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 1 cup soft (tub-style) herb & garlic or garden-vegetable cream cheese
- 1 can (4.25 oz.) Lindsay Chopped Olives
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 6 to 8 thin slices smoked turkey or ham
- 11/2 to 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil or spinach leaves, stems removed
Spread cheese on tortillas within 1/2 inch of edges. Mix olives and bell pepper.
Evenly spread over cream cheese. Top with turkey and basil. Tightly roll up tortillas. Wrap
separately in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Cut each into about 12 (1/2-inch) slices, discarding ends.
Serving Size: Makes 24 appetizers