New Potato Pasta and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 8 ounces (3 1/2 cups) uncooked bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 4 new red potatoes, unpeeled, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded Swiss cheese
Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add potatoes; cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until
partially cooked, stirring occasionally.
Stir in asparagus, bell pepper, oregano, salt and pepper.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender,
Stir in cooked pasta; cook until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Cover; let stand until cheese is melted.
Preparation time: 30 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings