Mushroom and Brie Quesadillas
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 8 ounces cold Brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound mixed fresh Money's mushrooms, thinly sliced (mixture could include white, crimini,
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped mild green chilies, very well drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 9 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Cut brie in 1/2 - inch thick slices; set aside.
In a large skillet over medium - high heat, heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring
occasionally, about 2 minutes; remove 1 cup for garnish; set aside.
To remaining mushrooms, add green chilies, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; cook, stirring
occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates, 3 - 4 minutes longer.
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, place 1 tortilla; spread a quarter of the mushroom
mixture over the tortilla. In a single layer, arrange a quarter of the Brie over mushrooms. Heat
until cheese starts to melt, about 30 seconds.
Cover with another tortilla, pressing about 30 seconds longer. Remove from skillet to a
serving plate; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining ingredients except the chutney.
Top quesadillas with reserved mushrooms. Cut in wedges and serve with papaya cubes.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings