Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
A healthier meatloaf for children.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk, breast milk or formula
- 1/4 cup whole wheat fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 3/4 pound lean ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons salt-free tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Beat together egg and milk in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in bread crumbs, carrot, parsley,
onion powder and sage. Add ground meat, and blend well.
Press into two to three (depending on size) mini-loaf pans, about 3/4 full. Bake for 40
minutes or until meat is no longer pink in the middle.
Remove from oven, and spoon off excess fat.
Mix tomato paste and apple juice concentrate together. Spread over the tops of the loaves.
Return to oven, and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
Allow to cool, remove from pans, and cut into serving size pieces.
May be frozen.